Free Oral Cancer Screenings
April 8-15, 2018 is Oral, Head and Neck Cancer Awareness Week. Our office is offering free oral cancer screenings all week and throughout the year. Approximately 110,000 people are diagnosed with oral, head and neck cancer every year in the United States. Sadly, 66% of the time oral cancer isn’t detected until it’s in a late stage of the disease. Early detection is an important factor in treatment. Comprehensive and Cosmetic Dental Studio of Greenville will always provide free screenings by appointment.
Major risk factors for oral, head and neck cancer include tobacco use and alcohol consumption. Sun damage can also cause the lips to be become involved. Human papillomavirus (HPV) is also a major risk factor.
ADA.org lists the following as possible signs and symptoms of Oral Cancer:
– a lump or thickening of oral soft tissues
– soreness or a feeling that something is caught in the throat
– difficulty chewing or swallowing
– ear pain
– difficulty moving jaw or tongue
– numbness of the tongue or other areas of the mouth
– swelling of the jaw that causes dentures to fit poorly or become uncomfortable
Here is a look at an oral screening with Dr. Andy Bullard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ehHXV3PfI0
Check out these websites for more information: http://www.entnet.org/OHANCAW, https://www.ada.org/en/member-center/oral-health-topics/oral-cancer
Call our office today to schedule your free screening 864-520-2942 or email us at email@example.com